Monday, February 21, 2011

Disable the anchor tag.

I have one anchor tag. I want to disable it after once it clicked. I tried the following way.

  print "<script type='text/javascript'>parent.window.frames[2].document.getElementById('pagination').innerHTML+=\"<a href=# onclick='pageshow`($i);this.disabled=true'>$i</a>&nbsp;\"</script>";

Note: I don't want to disable the link. I want to disable the link operation. Like Google search page.

Eg: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Here once I clicked the 1st page I can't click the same page again. Same thing I want.

From stackoverflow
  • <a href="…" onclick="this.removeAttribute('href');">
    
  • You can also disable the anchor tag by using the following way.

    <a href='URL' style='text-decoration:none;cursor: auto;' onClick='return false'>LINK</a>
    
  • Having reread the question…

    Google do not "Disable the link after it has been clicked".

    They just don't link to the current page. Their markup is appalling so I won't copy it, a simplified example (for page 2) would be:

    <ol>
      <li><a>1</a></li>
      <li>2</li>
      <li><a>3</a></li>
      <li><a>4</a></li>
    </ol>  
    
  • Javascript isn't the right way to do this, but I'll provide an answer for the heck of it:

    var links = document.getElementsByTagName('a'), link, children;
    for(var i = 0; i < links.length; i++) {
        link = links[i];
        if(link.href == window.location.href) {
            children = link.childNodes;
            for(var j = 0; j < children.length; j++) {
                link.parentNode.insertBefore(children[j], link);
            }
            link.parentNode.removeChild(link);
        }
    }
    

    Edit: I don't know if "he-double-hockey-sticks" is "foul language" on SO but if it is, this will be deleted mysteriously some months from now so I've used "heck" instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment