Monday, February 21, 2011

Get products to display on custom Magento page

How can you get products to display on a custom Magento page? Naturally, this is not an uncommon question but nothing that I've seen has solved it for me. The common response is to put the following code in through the CMS editor:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" name="home.catalog.product.list" alias="products_homepage” template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}

Which just displays the message "There are no products matching the selection." on my page. Other websites advise reindexing the data through the Magento admin controls, clearing the Magento cache, and making sure products are set to a store, none of which helped in my case.

Anyone have any ideas?

From stackoverflow
  • You lost a most important thing is which category you want to display,look the following code

    {{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="XX" name="home.catalog.product.list" alias="products_homepage” template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}
    
    Eric : Yeah, and it works that way but I want to display all products, not just products from a specific category. I've seen the code that I have in other places saying that it works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment