Monday, March 28, 2011

updating system time in Visual Studio using C#(.Net)

I have a web service running that is returning a time. I want to update my system's time with the time that my service is returning . How can I do this in visual studio using C#?

Edit: Exact duplicate of: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/204936/set-time-programmatically-using-c

From stackoverflow
  • I would write a wrapper for the windows API SetSystemTime. Something like this:

    [StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential)]
    
    public struct SYSTEMTIME
    
    {
    public short wYear;
    
    public short wMonth;
    
    public short wDayOfWeek;
    
    public short wDay;
    
    public short wHour;
    
    public short wMinute;
    
    public short wSecond;
    
    public short wMilliseconds;
    
    }
    
    [DllImport("kernel32.dll", SetLastError=true)]
    
    public static extern bool SetSystemTime( [In] ref SYSTEMTIME st );
    

    (Please note that I have not tested this, but it should get you started)

  • KInd of a duplicate of http://stackoverflow.com/questions/516977/updating-system-time-in-visual-studio-using-netc?

  • And How do I exactly set these values to the ones that I get from the service???

  • Why are you bothering to re-invent the wheel?

    Windows already has a built in NTP/time service, that will sync the time with any of the public time servers or a private one that you create.

0 comments:

Post a Comment