Sunday, April 3, 2011

How to read Java properties file from a JAAS LoginModule

I'd like to read a properties file in my applications WEB-INF folder or my tomcat/apache server from a JAAS loginModule. But I'm not understanding how to properly refer to the location from the LoginModule, in a host name independent manner.

From stackoverflow
  • Can't you put your properties in login.conf instead of in a properties file?

    Martlark : I already have properties in the login.conf file but I wanted to use the same properties file as my spring application so as to reduce the amount of configuration proliferation i'm experiencing.
  • You could use the catalina.base system property:

    File confDir = new File(System.getProperty("catalina.base"), "conf");
    File confFile = new File(confDir, "myprops.properties");
    InputStream in = new FileInputStream(confFile);
    try {
        props.load(in);
    } finally {
        in.close();
    }
    
    Martlark : Nice solution. Thanks for your help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment